Independent Director Local Government & Not For Profit Leader
Kelvin is a specialist consultant with the Local Government.
Mr. Spiller also acts as Advisor on Strategic Business and Development, Executive Coaching and Mentoring in his position as Chair of the Executive Connection (TEC 35), Brisbane which he undertook in January 2009. He also acts as the Associate Business Executive Coaching Consultant at the Chandler Macleod Group in Brisbane.
Kelvin has been the Chairman of the Queensland Local Government Grants Commission. He was also a Director of Allconnex – Council Owned Water/ Sewerage/ Electricity Utilities Sector.
- CEO for the Maroochy Council 1998 – 2004
- In 2003/04 was the inaugural Chair of the National Local Govt CEO Taskforce on Sea Change.
- In 2003/004 CEO of AquaGen Water and Energy (jointly owned by the Caloundra and Maroochy Councils ), CEO Maroochy Council Water; early 1990’s in Victoria CEO Northcote and Preston Councils Electricity Retail businesses.
- Experienced non-executive Chairman/Director in 13 Industry Sectors – Water/Electricity Utilities, Insurance, Tourism, Health, Arts/Entertainment, Disability, Waste Mgmt, Regional Airport, Education, Quarry, Caravan Parks, Technology R & D Park, Local Govt, & SME’s.
- CEO of the Endeavour Foundation (2004-Dec2008)
- National Disability Services Board Qld; Qld Disability Professionals Association, Preston & Northcote Community Hospital; Northern Hospital Melbourne , Illawarra Community Centre, Geelong.
Kelvin has done his Masters degree in Management and also holds a Diploma in Management, specialised in Business Studies from RMIT University.